Bsharpsonata, Golden Doc A work together, Highest Class and Honest Pursuit still possible for Oaks, A to the Croft, Awesome Chic, and Pure Clan Gallop.
With Indian Blessing resting up for a summer-fall campaign in shorter races, a pair of 3-year-old fillies who have tackled the Eclipse Award winner - Backseat Rhythm and Highest Class - are looking for their chance to shine.
Hal and Patti Earnhardt's unbeaten Indian Blessing, the champion 2-year-old filly of 2007 and winner of the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) and the Feb. 9 Silverbulletday Stakes (gr. III) at Fair Grounds, is the solid morning line choice over rival Proud Spell in Pool 2 of Churchill Downs' 2008 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager, which is scheduled to open March 6.
The two early Kentucky Derby favorites, one in Lousiana, the other in Florida, are on schedule for their respective trainers.
Last year's 2-year-old champion filly and Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Fillies (gr. I) winner won at her fifth different racetrack and captured her fourth graded stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- As Revenue Drops, NY Casinos Get Extra Hours