A Yankee Gentleman colt from the family of grade I winner Wicked Strong brought the highest price of $100,000 at the Sept. 23 Breeders Sales Co. of Louisiana yearling sale, which saw declines in gross and average.
Bsharpsonata, Golden Doc A work together, Highest Class and Honest Pursuit still possible for Oaks, A to the Croft, Awesome Chic, and Pure Clan Gallop.
With Indian Blessing resting up for a summer-fall campaign in shorter races, a pair of 3-year-old fillies who have tackled the Eclipse Award winner - Backseat Rhythm and Highest Class - are looking for their chance to shine.
Hal and Patti Earnhardt's unbeaten Indian Blessing, the champion 2-year-old filly of 2007 and winner of the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) and the Feb. 9 Silverbulletday Stakes (gr. III) at Fair Grounds, is the solid morning line choice over rival Proud Spell in Pool 2 of Churchill Downs' 2008 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager, which is scheduled to open March 6.
The two early Kentucky Derby favorites, one in Lousiana, the other in Florida, are on schedule for their respective trainers.
Last year's 2-year-old champion filly and Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Fillies (gr. I) winner won at her fifth different racetrack and captured her fourth graded stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- The Week in Photos for 7/28/2015
- Steps Toward Integrity
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby