Jockey Richard Quinn brought Indian Creek from last to get up in the final 100 yards of Saturday's Hardwicke Stakes (Eng-II) at Royal Ascot.
Veteran Newmarket trainer Clive Brittain landed his first Vodafone Coronation Cup (Eng-I) when 5-year-old Warrsan swooped to a half-length victory from Highest and Black Sam Bellamy Saturday at Epsom Downs.
Godolphin's exciting new recruit Sulamani will carry the stable's hopes in reversing a frustrating recent run in the $2 million Group I Dubai Sheema Classic.
The Godolphin Racing team, trainer Saeed bin Suroor and jockey Frankie Dettori dominated the inaugural "Super Saturday" at Nad Al Sheba, capturing four of the preview races for the Mar. 29 Dubai World Cup card. But Team Valor, WinStar Farm and Sunmark Partners' Ipi Tombe was the day's most impressive winner.
Bandari, trained by Mark Johnston for Sheikh Hamdan al Maktoum, will be bidding to become the first winner of the Rothmans Royals St Leger for 29 years trained in that county -- since Peleid in 1973 -- when he takes on nine rivals in the final classic of the British season at Doncaster Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker