Godolphin's Highdown found nothing but trouble in the final furlong of Sunday's Grosser Dallmayr-Preis (Bayerisches Zuchtrennen) (Ger-I) at Munich, settling for a piece of second behind American-bred Ransom O'War.
Michael Tabor and Susan Magnier's Black Sam Bellamy is beginning to show the form everyone expected from the full brother of Galileo after winning Sunday's Tattersalls Gold Cup (Ire-I) at The Curragh.
Godolphin, two of whose stars have been thwarted by Highdown this season, have reacted aggressively by adding the rapidly improving 3-year-old to their own squad, the Racing Post reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California