Godolphin's Highdown found nothing but trouble in the final furlong of Sunday's Grosser Dallmayr-Preis (Bayerisches Zuchtrennen) (Ger-I) at Munich, settling for a piece of second behind American-bred Ransom O'War.
Michael Tabor and Susan Magnier's Black Sam Bellamy is beginning to show the form everyone expected from the full brother of Galileo after winning Sunday's Tattersalls Gold Cup (Ire-I) at The Curragh.
Godolphin, two of whose stars have been thwarted by Highdown this season, have reacted aggressively by adding the rapidly improving 3-year-old to their own squad, the Racing Post reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Futura Powerful J&B Met Winner at Kenilworth
- Complete List of Triple Crown Nominees
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?