Godolphin's Highdown found nothing but trouble in the final furlong of Sunday's Grosser Dallmayr-Preis (Bayerisches Zuchtrennen) (Ger-I) at Munich, settling for a piece of second behind American-bred Ransom O'War.
Michael Tabor and Susan Magnier's Black Sam Bellamy is beginning to show the form everyone expected from the full brother of Galileo after winning Sunday's Tattersalls Gold Cup (Ire-I) at The Curragh.
Godolphin, two of whose stars have been thwarted by Highdown this season, have reacted aggressively by adding the rapidly improving 3-year-old to their own squad, the Racing Post reported.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach