Godolphin's Highdown found nothing but trouble in the final furlong of Sunday's Grosser Dallmayr-Preis (Bayerisches Zuchtrennen) (Ger-I) at Munich, settling for a piece of second behind American-bred Ransom O'War.
Michael Tabor and Susan Magnier's Black Sam Bellamy is beginning to show the form everyone expected from the full brother of Galileo after winning Sunday's Tattersalls Gold Cup (Ire-I) at The Curragh.
Godolphin, two of whose stars have been thwarted by Highdown this season, have reacted aggressively by adding the rapidly improving 3-year-old to their own squad, the Racing Post reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Elektrum Surges at Wire to Win Dowager
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch