Any Breeders' Cup race on the dirt would seem to favor American runners over foreigners, and the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) perhaps stands atop that list.
Soinlovewithyou, in foal to Sea the Stars, topped the Nov. 29 opening day of the Tattersalls December Mare Sale when she was purchased by agent Hugo Lascelles for 950,000 guineas.
Tattersalls officials were cautiously optimistic ahead of select book 1 of the October yearling sale, which starts Oct. 7 at Newmarket in England. There are 611 lots cataloged, 122 less than last year, and Tattersalls marketing director Jimmy George is hoping that the global economy will not have too great an impact.
The selling action during the first day of Book 3 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale Thursday moved sharply down a gear.
A Gone West colt topped the second session of the Tattersalls October yearling sale Oct. 10, selling for more than $2 million in England.
International champion Ipi Tombe produced her first foal, a colt by Sadler's Wells, Feb. 25 at John and Lady Carolyn Warren's Highclere Stud in Berks County in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?