Making his fifth appearance in the Memorial Day Handicap at Calder, Dancing Guy showed that at age 8 he still has what it takes to win.
Judith Brodkin's 5-year-old High Ideal made a furious deep-stretch bid to catch favored Best Of The Rest in last year's $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) at Calder, but his rally fell a half-length short.
John Oxley's Booklet and Sez Who Racing Stable's The Judge Sez Who, major 3-year-old stakes winners this season, face off against Bea Oxenberg's 7-year-old Best of the Rest and other older stars in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III). The race is one of four stakes with a total $600,000 in purses on the Grand Slam II program at Calder Racecourse on Saturday.
Bea Oxenberg's Best of the Rest notched his third consecutive stakes victory in Monday's $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Dodd's Tiznow Colt Attracting Attention at OBS
- Record Purses, Increased Handle at Oaklawn Park
- Ten Off-Track Thoroughbreds Expected for Rolex Kentucky
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing