Making his fifth appearance in the Memorial Day Handicap at Calder, Dancing Guy showed that at age 8 he still has what it takes to win.
Judith Brodkin's 5-year-old High Ideal made a furious deep-stretch bid to catch favored Best Of The Rest in last year's $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) at Calder, but his rally fell a half-length short.
John Oxley's Booklet and Sez Who Racing Stable's The Judge Sez Who, major 3-year-old stakes winners this season, face off against Bea Oxenberg's 7-year-old Best of the Rest and other older stars in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III). The race is one of four stakes with a total $600,000 in purses on the Grand Slam II program at Calder Racecourse on Saturday.
Bea Oxenberg's Best of the Rest notched his third consecutive stakes victory in Monday's $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos