Making his fifth appearance in the Memorial Day Handicap at Calder, Dancing Guy showed that at age 8 he still has what it takes to win.
Judith Brodkin's 5-year-old High Ideal made a furious deep-stretch bid to catch favored Best Of The Rest in last year's $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) at Calder, but his rally fell a half-length short.
John Oxley's Booklet and Sez Who Racing Stable's The Judge Sez Who, major 3-year-old stakes winners this season, face off against Bea Oxenberg's 7-year-old Best of the Rest and other older stars in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III). The race is one of four stakes with a total $600,000 in purses on the Grand Slam II program at Calder Racecourse on Saturday.
Bea Oxenberg's Best of the Rest notched his third consecutive stakes victory in Monday's $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death