Unusual Suspect and High Court Drama, both disappointing in the San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf March 20, are entered right back in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Handicap (gr. III) a week later.
Bourbon Bay, who shot to the top of the Southern California turf marathon division one month ago, figures to be a strong choice in the $150,000 San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita grass March 20.
Blocked in traffic mid-stretch, odds-on favorite Loup Breton altered course to the outside and burst home to overtake High Court Drama in the final strides to win the $150,000 San Marcos Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
Rescheduled for Jan. 24 after stormy conditions washed out the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday racing card at Santa Anita, the $150,000 San Marcos Stakes (gr. IIT) at 1 1/4 miles on turf attracted a field of 10.
Loup Breton, whose stretch run fell a neck short in the San Gabriel Handicap (gr. IIT) as the favorite last month, appears to be the one to beat in the $150,000 San Marcos Stakes (gr. IIT) Jan. 18 at Santa Anita
In taking the Native Diver, Mast Track won for the first time since June 28, 2008 when he scored the Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I).
Lava Man and Mast Track have accounted for victories in four of the past five renewals of the Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I). Both have question marks heading into the $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton