Wrote, owned by Mrs. John Magnier, Michael Tabor, and Derrick Smith, rallied strongly in the stretch and pulled away to easily win the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT) at one mile on grass Nov. 5.
With approximately $100,000 in advance Breeders' Cup wagering at Arlington Park and off-site facilities in Illinois on Friday, Evening Attire emerged as a surprising lukewarm favorite for the Classic (gr. I).
The European challenge for the Breeders' Cup began to look a little clearer when Aidan O'Brien nominated the Mile (gr. IT) as the first preference for Rock Of Gibraltar and the Classic (gr. I) for Hawk Wing.
Most Popular Stories
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Darley Sire Commands Dies in Australia
- Former Classics Starters Line Up in Jean Prat
- Slade Power Convincing July Cup Victor
- Calder's Top Racing Official to Stay With CDI
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery