Wrote, owned by Mrs. John Magnier, Michael Tabor, and Derrick Smith, rallied strongly in the stretch and pulled away to easily win the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT) at one mile on grass Nov. 5.
With approximately $100,000 in advance Breeders' Cup wagering at Arlington Park and off-site facilities in Illinois on Friday, Evening Attire emerged as a surprising lukewarm favorite for the Classic (gr. I).
The European challenge for the Breeders' Cup began to look a little clearer when Aidan O'Brien nominated the Mile (gr. IT) as the first preference for Rock Of Gibraltar and the Classic (gr. I) for Hawk Wing.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Favorite Tale, Choctaw Chuck Top Quick Call