Leading sprinter Smokey Stover took a successful test spin for the upcoming TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at Monmouth Park, winning the $103,000 Icecapade Stakes over three rivals in a solid time of 1:08 4/5 at the New Jersey track Sept. 1.
Smokey Stover, one of the top-rated sprinters in the country, will test his affinity for the Monmouth Park racing strip, site of the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), when he faces four foes in the $100,000 Icecapade Stakes Sept. 1.
Kazoo turned the $107,400 Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) into a one-horse show Saturday at Aqueduct, going gate to wire under Richard Migliore for a four-length victory.
The quick Bishop Court Hill should be the one to beat in Saturday's $100,000 Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) for sprinters at Aqueduct, but the outcome could be determined early.
Are You Serious made his first added-money appearance a winning one, taking Saturday's $142,125 Kennedy Road Stakes at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident