Leading sprinter Smokey Stover took a successful test spin for the upcoming TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at Monmouth Park, winning the $103,000 Icecapade Stakes over three rivals in a solid time of 1:08 4/5 at the New Jersey track Sept. 1.
Smokey Stover, one of the top-rated sprinters in the country, will test his affinity for the Monmouth Park racing strip, site of the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), when he faces four foes in the $100,000 Icecapade Stakes Sept. 1.
Kazoo turned the $107,400 Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) into a one-horse show Saturday at Aqueduct, going gate to wire under Richard Migliore for a four-length victory.
The quick Bishop Court Hill should be the one to beat in Saturday's $100,000 Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) for sprinters at Aqueduct, but the outcome could be determined early.
Are You Serious made his first added-money appearance a winning one, taking Saturday's $142,125 Kennedy Road Stakes at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride