The Goffs November foal sale, which ended its four-day run in Ireland, posted increases of 5% in gross revenue, 11.1% in average price, and 30% in median price.
Captain Thule went to the lead and never looked back, comfortably winning the US$1,606,000 Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas, in an upset before 67,401 at Nakayama Racecourse April 20.
Deep Impact collected 287 of a possible 289 (97.9%) total votes in winning the 2006 Japanese Racing Association's Horse of the Year Award for the second year in a row.
The $8-million Storm Cat colt, which was the highest-priced Thoroughbred sold at public auction this year, is in Florida being prepared for racing by brothers J.B. and Kevin McKathan.
New details have emerged about plans for Keeneland September's most expensive horse ever.
A Sunday Silence colt topped the second session of the Easter yearling sale in Australia when he was purchased by a first-time Japanese buyer.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday