Team Valor International announced March 20 that 3-year-old colt Mexikoma is no longer being aimed at the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and is now pointed toward the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
After a big season with their juveniles last year at the Breeders' Cup, leading consignor Wavertree Stables has even more contenders this year.
The newborn foal is out of 5-year-old Hennessy mare Wall St Widow. Wall St Widow's dam, Love Or Money (Coronado's Quest), is a half sister to multiple graded stakes winner and sire Broken Vow (Unbridled).
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win