Harriet Heubeck, whose late husband, Elmer, was one of Florida's most prominent horsemen, died July 7
Elmer Heubeck Jr., a pioneer in the Florida Thoroughbred breeding industry, died Monday, May 12 due to a heart condition. He was 85.
Calder Race Course will host the inaugural Florida Million on Nov. 16. Of the day's 12 live races, six added-money races offer $1 million in purses to Florida-bred horses in six divisions.
Elmer and Harriet Heubeck, longtime Florida owners, breeders, and farm managers, have sold the remaining 150 acres of the original Quail Roost Farm in Reddick, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Live Chat - Friday, September 26 at NOON EST
- Ramseys, Brown, Castellano Top Penn Standings
- Lemon Drop Kid and Bill Farish
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale
- Slideshow: Kelso: 5 Time HOY 50th Anniversary
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Ruidoso Unveils Integrity and Safety Program
- Slideshow: Progeny of Lemon Drop Kid