A colt by Songandaprayer consigned by agent Eisaman Equine zipped a quarter in :20 4/5 to post the fastest time at the distance at the third session of the Under Tack Show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2006 Spring Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training Friday.
Wire Bound used an explosive move approaching the quarter pole to blast around the far turn five wide then power down the Tampa Bay Downs stretch to an authoritative 2 1/2-length victory over favorite Remind in the $100,000 Tampa Bay Breeders' Cup on the turf Saturday.
Grade II winner Hesabull and 3-year-old The Road Boss will stand in 2005 at Diamond Legends Farm near Malvern, Ark.
Silver Diamond Thoroughbreds' Wire Bound won the $100,000 Pete Axthelm Stakes for 3-year-olds at Calder Race Course on Saturday, defeating favored Caballero Negro by half a length. In a very close finish, More Bourb was a neck back in third.
Grade I winner Will's Way was represented by his first winner when his daughter Freedom Forever won Aug. 24 at 5 1/2 furlongs by 6 1/2 lengths at Fairmount Park in her first start.
Graded stakes winner Hesabull, who ran second in the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), was represented by his first winner when his daughter Taurus Moon won Nov. 9 at Calder Race Course
Most Popular Stories
- Gunnevera Draws Outside for Florida Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Kentucky Horse Park to Celebrate Man 'o War