After winning four of the first five races for juveniles or juvenile fillies at the Keeneland spring meeting, trainer Wesley Ward will sit out the finale Thursday, April 25.
Making a triumphant return to the races, Henny Hughes put on a show at Monmouth Park Saturday with a 10-length victory in the $150,000 Jersey Shore Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds.
Changing Weather, with Robby Albarado aboard, rallied from sixth and held off Court Folly in a duel of stretch runners to score a head victory in Saturday's $109,800 Matt Winn for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
The Todd-Pletcher-trained Unobstructed View is part of an inexperienced Astarita (gr. III) field and the blue-blooded Dr. Pleasure headlines the Cowdin in a pair of 6 1/2-furlong juvenile stakes at Belmont Park Sunday.
Curtis C. Green's unbeaten homebred He's Got Grit took command shortly after the start and then ran away from his rivals in the stretch to score an 8 1/4-length victory in the $150,000 Sapling (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at Monmouth Park Saturday.
A field of seven juvenile colts and geldings has been drawn for Saturday's 71st running of the Sapling Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park. The Steve Klesaris-trained Diabolical, impressive while breaking his maiden at Belmont July 7 by 9 3/4 lengths, heads up the field.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al