After winning four of the first five races for juveniles or juvenile fillies at the Keeneland spring meeting, trainer Wesley Ward will sit out the finale Thursday, April 25.
Making a triumphant return to the races, Henny Hughes put on a show at Monmouth Park Saturday with a 10-length victory in the $150,000 Jersey Shore Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds.
Changing Weather, with Robby Albarado aboard, rallied from sixth and held off Court Folly in a duel of stretch runners to score a head victory in Saturday's $109,800 Matt Winn for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
The Todd-Pletcher-trained Unobstructed View is part of an inexperienced Astarita (gr. III) field and the blue-blooded Dr. Pleasure headlines the Cowdin in a pair of 6 1/2-furlong juvenile stakes at Belmont Park Sunday.
Curtis C. Green's unbeaten homebred He's Got Grit took command shortly after the start and then ran away from his rivals in the stretch to score an 8 1/4-length victory in the $150,000 Sapling (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at Monmouth Park Saturday.
A field of seven juvenile colts and geldings has been drawn for Saturday's 71st running of the Sapling Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park. The Steve Klesaris-trained Diabolical, impressive while breaking his maiden at Belmont July 7 by 9 3/4 lengths, heads up the field.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23