After winning four of the first five races for juveniles or juvenile fillies at the Keeneland spring meeting, trainer Wesley Ward will sit out the finale Thursday, April 25.
Making a triumphant return to the races, Henny Hughes put on a show at Monmouth Park Saturday with a 10-length victory in the $150,000 Jersey Shore Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds.
Changing Weather, with Robby Albarado aboard, rallied from sixth and held off Court Folly in a duel of stretch runners to score a head victory in Saturday's $109,800 Matt Winn for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
The Todd-Pletcher-trained Unobstructed View is part of an inexperienced Astarita (gr. III) field and the blue-blooded Dr. Pleasure headlines the Cowdin in a pair of 6 1/2-furlong juvenile stakes at Belmont Park Sunday.
Curtis C. Green's unbeaten homebred He's Got Grit took command shortly after the start and then ran away from his rivals in the stretch to score an 8 1/4-length victory in the $150,000 Sapling (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at Monmouth Park Saturday.
A field of seven juvenile colts and geldings has been drawn for Saturday's 71st running of the Sapling Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park. The Steve Klesaris-trained Diabolical, impressive while breaking his maiden at Belmont July 7 by 9 3/4 lengths, heads up the field.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Emerald Purses to Rise 20% for 2015 Season
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Penn Mile Tops 193-Day Penn National Schedule
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew