Dave Palone became the all-time leading Standardbred driver by victories at 15,181 when he won the eighth race at The Meadows Racetrack & Casino in western Pennsylvania July 5.
On the same day Chris McCarron, one of Thoroughbred racing's all-time leading riders, retired on a winning note, Herve Filion, the all-time leading Standardbred driver, returned to the track after a seven-year absence and won three races.
Standardbred racing's all-time leading driver, on the sidelines since 1995 after his involvement in a wire-tap investigation, is scheduled to return to the track June 23 at Harrington Raceway in Delaware.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf