Dave Palone became the all-time leading Standardbred driver by victories at 15,181 when he won the eighth race at The Meadows Racetrack & Casino in western Pennsylvania July 5.
On the same day Chris McCarron, one of Thoroughbred racing's all-time leading riders, retired on a winning note, Herve Filion, the all-time leading Standardbred driver, returned to the track after a seven-year absence and won three races.
Standardbred racing's all-time leading driver, on the sidelines since 1995 after his involvement in a wire-tap investigation, is scheduled to return to the track June 23 at Harrington Raceway in Delaware.
Most Popular Stories
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Dual Oaks winner Enable Steps Up in King George
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Looking for Longshots at Saratoga
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II