Meteore was in last place coming off the far turn with seemingly nowhere to go. But once jockey Alex Solis found room with a sweeping four-wide move it was clear sailing from there, as the son of Pulpit picked up all eight of his rivals en route to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 15 on the Del Mar turf course.
Glen Hill Farm's Florida homebred I'll Show Them puts his two-race undefeated record on the line Aug. 15 as he steps up to stakes company in the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds on Del Mar's Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Afleet Eagle sprinted away from the field behind at the top of the stretch and scored an easy 2 1/2-length win in the $112,800 Oceanside Stakes, the opening-day feature at Del Mar July 22.
Oil Man struck graded gold for the first time when he surged past his rivals with a big late kick in the $100,000 Cinema Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf June 21.
Elusive Bluff, who won both of his starts as a 2-year-old but has not raced since Oct. 1, returns to action in the $100,000 Cinema Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park June 21.
Trainer Todd Pletcher sends out stakes winner Bittel Road as the likely favorite in a field of nine for the $150,000 Pilgrim Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Belmont Park inner turf Oct. 1, a race that carries implications for the upcoming Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Stopchargingmaria Impressive in CCA Oaks