The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) has contributed $100,000 to America's Camp from the NTRA Charities–New York Heroes Fund, bringing total Heroes Fund contributions to Sept. 11-related charitable programs to $4.2 million.
The NTRA, Breeders' Cup Limited, and the New York Racing Association announced Friday that the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships held Oct. 27 at Belmont Park raised $2.5 million for the NTRA Charities -- New York Heroes Fund. Since the tragedies of Sept. 11, more than $5 million has been raised from individuals worldwide in the horseracing community.
The Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Belmont Park in Elmont, N.Y. on Oct. 27 will be dedicated to the families of New York firefighters, police officers, emergency services personnel and other victims in the surrounding communities who lost their lives as a result of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11. A special fund of NTRA Charities, with a minimum goal of $1 million, will be established by NTRA and NYRA. to receive contributions.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day