The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) has contributed $100,000 to America's Camp from the NTRA Charities–New York Heroes Fund, bringing total Heroes Fund contributions to Sept. 11-related charitable programs to $4.2 million.
The NTRA, Breeders' Cup Limited, and the New York Racing Association announced Friday that the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships held Oct. 27 at Belmont Park raised $2.5 million for the NTRA Charities -- New York Heroes Fund. Since the tragedies of Sept. 11, more than $5 million has been raised from individuals worldwide in the horseracing community.
The Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Belmont Park in Elmont, N.Y. on Oct. 27 will be dedicated to the families of New York firefighters, police officers, emergency services personnel and other victims in the surrounding communities who lost their lives as a result of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11. A special fund of NTRA Charities, with a minimum goal of $1 million, will be established by NTRA and NYRA. to receive contributions.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed
- Fair Grounds to Host 'Rosie Day' Feb. 21