The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) has contributed $100,000 to America's Camp from the NTRA Charities–New York Heroes Fund, bringing total Heroes Fund contributions to Sept. 11-related charitable programs to $4.2 million.
The NTRA, Breeders' Cup Limited, and the New York Racing Association announced Friday that the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships held Oct. 27 at Belmont Park raised $2.5 million for the NTRA Charities -- New York Heroes Fund. Since the tragedies of Sept. 11, more than $5 million has been raised from individuals worldwide in the horseracing community.
The Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Belmont Park in Elmont, N.Y. on Oct. 27 will be dedicated to the families of New York firefighters, police officers, emergency services personnel and other victims in the surrounding communities who lost their lives as a result of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11. A special fund of NTRA Charities, with a minimum goal of $1 million, will be established by NTRA and NYRA. to receive contributions.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely