Rutledge Farm was back in the winner's circle Charles Town Classic night for the third straight year, but not with its homebred Researcher.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
The winner of the inaugural Charles Town Classic in 2009 seems well on his way to making a bid for top honors again this year.
Hermen Greenberg, breeder of 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Colonial Affair, died Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short