Rutledge Farm was back in the winner's circle Charles Town Classic night for the third straight year, but not with its homebred Researcher.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
The winner of the inaugural Charles Town Classic in 2009 seems well on his way to making a bid for top honors again this year.
Hermen Greenberg, breeder of 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Colonial Affair, died Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set
- Guest Suite’s Class Can Prevail in LeComte Stakes (G3)
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al