Rutledge Farm was back in the winner's circle Charles Town Classic night for the third straight year, but not with its homebred Researcher.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
The winner of the inaugural Charles Town Classic in 2009 seems well on his way to making a bid for top honors again this year.
Hermen Greenberg, breeder of 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Colonial Affair, died Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Stronach Group Names Vet O'Neil to Key Post
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Tom Amoss Secures 3,000th Training Victory