Rutledge Farm was back in the winner's circle Charles Town Classic night for the third straight year, but not with its homebred Researcher.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
The winner of the inaugural Charles Town Classic in 2009 seems well on his way to making a bid for top honors again this year.
Hermen Greenberg, breeder of 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Colonial Affair, died Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Spotted Heart Upsets MD Filly Championship
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory