Rutledge Farm was back in the winner's circle Charles Town Classic night for the third straight year, but not with its homebred Researcher.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
The winner of the inaugural Charles Town Classic in 2009 seems well on his way to making a bid for top honors again this year.
Hermen Greenberg, breeder of 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Colonial Affair, died Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'