Rutledge Farm was back in the winner's circle Charles Town Classic night for the third straight year, but not with its homebred Researcher.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
The winner of the inaugural Charles Town Classic in 2009 seems well on his way to making a bid for top honors again this year.
Hermen Greenberg, breeder of 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Colonial Affair, died Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Making a Case for Transparency
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field