Rutledge Farm was back in the winner's circle Charles Town Classic night for the third straight year, but not with its homebred Researcher.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
The winner of the inaugural Charles Town Classic in 2009 seems well on his way to making a bid for top honors again this year.
Hermen Greenberg, breeder of 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Colonial Affair, died Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill