Rutledge Farm was back in the winner's circle Charles Town Classic night for the third straight year, but not with its homebred Researcher.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
The winner of the inaugural Charles Town Classic in 2009 seems well on his way to making a bid for top honors again this year.
Hermen Greenberg, breeder of 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Colonial Affair, died Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes