Rutledge Farm was back in the winner's circle Charles Town Classic night for the third straight year, but not with its homebred Researcher.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
The winner of the inaugural Charles Town Classic in 2009 seems well on his way to making a bid for top honors again this year.
Hermen Greenberg, breeder of 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Colonial Affair, died Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Dynatail First Winner for Hightail
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017