Rutledge Farm was back in the winner's circle Charles Town Classic night for the third straight year, but not with its homebred Researcher.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
The winner of the inaugural Charles Town Classic in 2009 seems well on his way to making a bid for top honors again this year.
Hermen Greenberg, breeder of 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Colonial Affair, died Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points