Rutledge Farm was back in the winner's circle Charles Town Classic night for the third straight year, but not with its homebred Researcher.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
The winner of the inaugural Charles Town Classic in 2009 seems well on his way to making a bid for top honors again this year.
Hermen Greenberg, breeder of 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Colonial Affair, died Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic