Rutledge Farm was back in the winner's circle Charles Town Classic night for the third straight year, but not with its homebred Researcher.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
The winner of the inaugural Charles Town Classic in 2009 seems well on his way to making a bid for top honors again this year.
Hermen Greenberg, breeder of 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Colonial Affair, died Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award