Favored Shake You Down put away Here's Zealous in the stretch and went on to win Saturday's $108,400 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park in gate-to-wire fashion.
Stronach Stable's Wrangler moved on the outside as the field left the turn and headed into the stretch and went on to an easy victory in the General George Stakes (gr. II) that highlighted Monday's President's Day card at Laurel Park.
A field of eighth will go to the post for Monday's $200,000 General George Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park. The likely favorite for the President's Day feature is Affirmed Success, the winner of the race in 2000
Trainer Richard Dutrow is pulling out the big guns for Saturday's $75,000 Paumonok Handicap at Aqueduct. Dutrow has entered stable stars Here's Zealous and Late Carson in the six-furlong sprint event.
Jan, Mace and Samantha Siegel's Here's Zealous collared front-running Run Kush Run in mid stretch and glided on to a four-length victory in Saturday's grade III, $107,900 Gravesend Handicap for three-year-olds and up at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill