Favored Shake You Down put away Here's Zealous in the stretch and went on to win Saturday's $108,400 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park in gate-to-wire fashion.
Stronach Stable's Wrangler moved on the outside as the field left the turn and headed into the stretch and went on to an easy victory in the General George Stakes (gr. II) that highlighted Monday's President's Day card at Laurel Park.
A field of eighth will go to the post for Monday's $200,000 General George Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park. The likely favorite for the President's Day feature is Affirmed Success, the winner of the race in 2000
Trainer Richard Dutrow is pulling out the big guns for Saturday's $75,000 Paumonok Handicap at Aqueduct. Dutrow has entered stable stars Here's Zealous and Late Carson in the six-furlong sprint event.
Jan, Mace and Samantha Siegel's Here's Zealous collared front-running Run Kush Run in mid stretch and glided on to a four-length victory in Saturday's grade III, $107,900 Gravesend Handicap for three-year-olds and up at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- Ectot Stuns Flintshire in Hirsch Turf Classic
- Bullet Train Gets First Stakes Winner
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Quest For More Rallies From Last in Cadran
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe