Favored Shake You Down put away Here's Zealous in the stretch and went on to win Saturday's $108,400 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park in gate-to-wire fashion.
Stronach Stable's Wrangler moved on the outside as the field left the turn and headed into the stretch and went on to an easy victory in the General George Stakes (gr. II) that highlighted Monday's President's Day card at Laurel Park.
A field of eighth will go to the post for Monday's $200,000 General George Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park. The likely favorite for the President's Day feature is Affirmed Success, the winner of the race in 2000
Trainer Richard Dutrow is pulling out the big guns for Saturday's $75,000 Paumonok Handicap at Aqueduct. Dutrow has entered stable stars Here's Zealous and Late Carson in the six-furlong sprint event.
Jan, Mace and Samantha Siegel's Here's Zealous collared front-running Run Kush Run in mid stretch and glided on to a four-length victory in Saturday's grade III, $107,900 Gravesend Handicap for three-year-olds and up at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- National HBPA Set for Convention in March in Las Vegas
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- Detailed Report on Horse Health, Management Released