Trainer Michael Stidham's Herculated leads the field for Saturday's $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne. To be contested at mile on turf, a field of nine has been assembled for this race.
Herculated ran down pacesetter Warleigh in mid-stretch and drew off to win the $150,000 Sea O'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile by a half-length on Saturday at Arlington Park.
A full field is expected for Sunday's grade II $500,000 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds, and the locally based contingent should be well represented with eight possible entrants.
Good Day Too and European arrive at Arlington for this weekend's Arlington Classic (gr. II). Herculated, Lismore Knight are among the probables for the race. Scottago is still a possible for the $175,000 race.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million