Trainer Michael Stidham's Herculated leads the field for Saturday's $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne. To be contested at mile on turf, a field of nine has been assembled for this race.
Herculated ran down pacesetter Warleigh in mid-stretch and drew off to win the $150,000 Sea O'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile by a half-length on Saturday at Arlington Park.
A full field is expected for Sunday's grade II $500,000 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds, and the locally based contingent should be well represented with eight possible entrants.
Good Day Too and European arrive at Arlington for this weekend's Arlington Classic (gr. II). Herculated, Lismore Knight are among the probables for the race. Scottago is still a possible for the $175,000 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate