Trainer Michael Stidham's Herculated leads the field for Saturday's $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne. To be contested at mile on turf, a field of nine has been assembled for this race.
Herculated ran down pacesetter Warleigh in mid-stretch and drew off to win the $150,000 Sea O'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile by a half-length on Saturday at Arlington Park.
A full field is expected for Sunday's grade II $500,000 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds, and the locally based contingent should be well represented with eight possible entrants.
Good Day Too and European arrive at Arlington for this weekend's Arlington Classic (gr. II). Herculated, Lismore Knight are among the probables for the race. Scottago is still a possible for the $175,000 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- National HBPA Set for Convention in March in Las Vegas
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica