Trainer Michael Stidham's Herculated leads the field for Saturday's $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne. To be contested at mile on turf, a field of nine has been assembled for this race.
Herculated ran down pacesetter Warleigh in mid-stretch and drew off to win the $150,000 Sea O'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile by a half-length on Saturday at Arlington Park.
A full field is expected for Sunday's grade II $500,000 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds, and the locally based contingent should be well represented with eight possible entrants.
Good Day Too and European arrive at Arlington for this weekend's Arlington Classic (gr. II). Herculated, Lismore Knight are among the probables for the race. Scottago is still a possible for the $175,000 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms