Trainer Michael Stidham's Herculated leads the field for Saturday's $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne. To be contested at mile on turf, a field of nine has been assembled for this race.
Herculated ran down pacesetter Warleigh in mid-stretch and drew off to win the $150,000 Sea O'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile by a half-length on Saturday at Arlington Park.
A full field is expected for Sunday's grade II $500,000 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds, and the locally based contingent should be well represented with eight possible entrants.
Good Day Too and European arrive at Arlington for this weekend's Arlington Classic (gr. II). Herculated, Lismore Knight are among the probables for the race. Scottago is still a possible for the $175,000 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet