Trainer Michael Stidham's Herculated leads the field for Saturday's $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne. To be contested at mile on turf, a field of nine has been assembled for this race.
Herculated ran down pacesetter Warleigh in mid-stretch and drew off to win the $150,000 Sea O'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile by a half-length on Saturday at Arlington Park.
A full field is expected for Sunday's grade II $500,000 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds, and the locally based contingent should be well represented with eight possible entrants.
Good Day Too and European arrive at Arlington for this weekend's Arlington Classic (gr. II). Herculated, Lismore Knight are among the probables for the race. Scottago is still a possible for the $175,000 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- A. P. Indian Seeks Repeat in G1 Vanderbilt
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- TCA Appoints Five New Directors
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting