Trainer Michael Stidham's Herculated leads the field for Saturday's $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne. To be contested at mile on turf, a field of nine has been assembled for this race.
Herculated ran down pacesetter Warleigh in mid-stretch and drew off to win the $150,000 Sea O'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile by a half-length on Saturday at Arlington Park.
A full field is expected for Sunday's grade II $500,000 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds, and the locally based contingent should be well represented with eight possible entrants.
Good Day Too and European arrive at Arlington for this weekend's Arlington Classic (gr. II). Herculated, Lismore Knight are among the probables for the race. Scottago is still a possible for the $175,000 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Divine Oath Holds On in McKnight Handicap
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Speechify Takes Mr. Prospector at Gulfstream