Trainer Michael Stidham's Herculated leads the field for Saturday's $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne. To be contested at mile on turf, a field of nine has been assembled for this race.
Herculated ran down pacesetter Warleigh in mid-stretch and drew off to win the $150,000 Sea O'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile by a half-length on Saturday at Arlington Park.
A full field is expected for Sunday's grade II $500,000 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds, and the locally based contingent should be well represented with eight possible entrants.
Good Day Too and European arrive at Arlington for this weekend's Arlington Classic (gr. II). Herculated, Lismore Knight are among the probables for the race. Scottago is still a possible for the $175,000 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- OBS Spring Sale to Test Depth of Juvenile Market
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby