Trainer Michael Stidham's Herculated leads the field for Saturday's $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne. To be contested at mile on turf, a field of nine has been assembled for this race.
Herculated ran down pacesetter Warleigh in mid-stretch and drew off to win the $150,000 Sea O'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile by a half-length on Saturday at Arlington Park.
A full field is expected for Sunday's grade II $500,000 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds, and the locally based contingent should be well represented with eight possible entrants.
Good Day Too and European arrive at Arlington for this weekend's Arlington Classic (gr. II). Herculated, Lismore Knight are among the probables for the race. Scottago is still a possible for the $175,000 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Florida Derby Card to Receive Purse Incentive
- Hernandez Reaches 1,000th Victory Milestone
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS