Darley in Australia has purchased Brazen Beau, one of Australia's best 3-year-old sprinters, and plans to launch his stud career during the 2015 Southern Hemisphere season.
Kerrin McEvoy has ended his 12-year tenure as a retained rider for Godolphin and Darley's Australian racing operations and plans to ride freelance.
Darley Australia said Sept. 5 that major international stallion Street Cry is suffering from lameness and is not covering mares as scheduled for the Southern Hemisphere breeding season that began Sept. 1.
The Maktoum family's international stable Godolphin plans to establish a permanent presence in Australia.
Prominent Australian sire Commands died suddenly during the early morning hours July 12 at Darley's Kelvinside Stud in New South Wales. The son of Danehill was 17.
Champion and prominent Australian sire Canny Lad, broodmare sire of leading sire Redoute's Choice, was euthanized recently at Darley's Woodlands Stud, where he was a pensioner. He was 26.
Carnegie, winner of the 1994 Forte Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) for Sheikh Mohammed, has been euthanized because of the infirmities of age.
Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation announced that Medaglia d'Oro, the sire of 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra, will shuttle to Australia for the 2010 Southern Hemisphere breeding season
The team from Darley Australia purchased the most expensive horse June 5 during the second session of the Magic Millions broodmare sale on Australia's Gold Coast. John Sunderland signed the Aust$500,000 (approximately $400,905 in U.S. funds) sale ticket for Belcentra, a stakes-winning Bel Esprit mare that is in foal to Exceed and Excel.
Most Popular Stories
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Britain's New Steroid Policy Change Delayed
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill
- Penn Mile Tops 193-Day Penn National Schedule
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Slideshow: Top 10 Races of 2014