In one of the most intriguing races of the Breeders' Cup World Championships, a stellar cast has assembled for the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), topped by the queen of American turf, Tepin, whose best effort wins the race.
Mecca's Angel blistered to her second successive win the Coolmore Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) at York, easily dispatching favorite Limato for a clear win in near course-record time Aug. 19.
Limato found the firm going at Newmarket to his liking and unleashed a devastating rally, although drifting badly, to win the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) by two lengths July 9 at Newmarket.
Twilight Son was all out to prevail in a tight five-horse finish June 18 in the Diamond Jubilee (Eng-I), the closing day feature at Royal Ascot while last year's winner Undrafted was unplaced.
Twilight Son had to call upon all his reserves in the closing strides to hold off fast-finishing Strath Burn and keep his perfect record untarnished in the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) Sept. 5 at Haydock Park.
A gallant Markab smashed the course record on his way to posting an upset victory in the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) at Haydock Sept. 4.
Airwave romped to a three-length win in Monday's Tripleprint Temple Stakes (Eng-II) for fillies and mares at Sandown, cementing her reputation as one of the top sprinters in Europe.
Airwave advanced from last to first to take the Betfair Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) today at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup