In one of the most intriguing races of the Breeders' Cup World Championships, a stellar cast has assembled for the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), topped by the queen of American turf, Tepin, whose best effort wins the race.
Mecca's Angel blistered to her second successive win the Coolmore Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) at York, easily dispatching favorite Limato for a clear win in near course-record time Aug. 19.
Limato found the firm going at Newmarket to his liking and unleashed a devastating rally, although drifting badly, to win the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) by two lengths July 9 at Newmarket.
Twilight Son was all out to prevail in a tight five-horse finish June 18 in the Diamond Jubilee (Eng-I), the closing day feature at Royal Ascot while last year's winner Undrafted was unplaced.
Twilight Son had to call upon all his reserves in the closing strides to hold off fast-finishing Strath Burn and keep his perfect record untarnished in the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) Sept. 5 at Haydock Park.
A gallant Markab smashed the course record on his way to posting an upset victory in the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) at Haydock Sept. 4.
Airwave romped to a three-length win in Monday's Tripleprint Temple Stakes (Eng-II) for fillies and mares at Sandown, cementing her reputation as one of the top sprinters in Europe.
Airwave advanced from last to first to take the Betfair Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) today at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale