A spokesman for Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry says the governor could sign the gaming bill on his desk by early next week.
Be My Guest, a former leading English/Irish sire, died Feb. 19 at the age of 30.
Indian tribes, the horse racing industry, and Gov. Brad Henry have reached an agreement on legislation that would allow racetracks to install gaming machines and regulate devices currently operating at tribal casinos. The measure now goes to the state legislature.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien confirmed Saturday that Giant's Causeway likely will make his next start in the 1 1/4-mile Champion Stakes at Newmarket Oct. 14 as a prep for the Breeders' Cup Classic. O'Brien had considered sending the son of Storm Cat to Belmont for the Jockey Club Gold Cup, but decided to keep him at home.
Most Popular Stories
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses