A spokesman for Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry says the governor could sign the gaming bill on his desk by early next week.
Be My Guest, a former leading English/Irish sire, died Feb. 19 at the age of 30.
Indian tribes, the horse racing industry, and Gov. Brad Henry have reached an agreement on legislation that would allow racetracks to install gaming machines and regulate devices currently operating at tribal casinos. The measure now goes to the state legislature.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien confirmed Saturday that Giant's Causeway likely will make his next start in the 1 1/4-mile Champion Stakes at Newmarket Oct. 14 as a prep for the Breeders' Cup Classic. O'Brien had considered sending the son of Storm Cat to Belmont for the Jockey Club Gold Cup, but decided to keep him at home.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online