A spokesman for Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry says the governor could sign the gaming bill on his desk by early next week.
Be My Guest, a former leading English/Irish sire, died Feb. 19 at the age of 30.
Indian tribes, the horse racing industry, and Gov. Brad Henry have reached an agreement on legislation that would allow racetracks to install gaming machines and regulate devices currently operating at tribal casinos. The measure now goes to the state legislature.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien confirmed Saturday that Giant's Causeway likely will make his next start in the 1 1/4-mile Champion Stakes at Newmarket Oct. 14 as a prep for the Breeders' Cup Classic. O'Brien had considered sending the son of Storm Cat to Belmont for the Jockey Club Gold Cup, but decided to keep him at home.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic