A spokesman for Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry says the governor could sign the gaming bill on his desk by early next week.
Be My Guest, a former leading English/Irish sire, died Feb. 19 at the age of 30.
Indian tribes, the horse racing industry, and Gov. Brad Henry have reached an agreement on legislation that would allow racetracks to install gaming machines and regulate devices currently operating at tribal casinos. The measure now goes to the state legislature.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien confirmed Saturday that Giant's Causeway likely will make his next start in the 1 1/4-mile Champion Stakes at Newmarket Oct. 14 as a prep for the Breeders' Cup Classic. O'Brien had considered sending the son of Storm Cat to Belmont for the Jockey Club Gold Cup, but decided to keep him at home.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark