Trainer Mark Hennig knows Barcola is a superior horse over the Delaware Park surface. Now he wants to know if the colt can be as effective at Aqueduct, and he'll find out Nov. 17 in the New York track's $100,000 Stuyvesant Handicap (gr.III).
MRLS took the lives of some 3,500 foals in Central Kentucky, but a recent study indicates it did not affect the quality of life for surviving foals.
On Thursday the press viewed soil and plant testing that is part of the monitoring program created in response to Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 154 Cowboy Cal--Refugee
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby