Trainer Mark Hennig knows Barcola is a superior horse over the Delaware Park surface. Now he wants to know if the colt can be as effective at Aqueduct, and he'll find out Nov. 17 in the New York track's $100,000 Stuyvesant Handicap (gr.III).
MRLS took the lives of some 3,500 foals in Central Kentucky, but a recent study indicates it did not affect the quality of life for surviving foals.
On Thursday the press viewed soil and plant testing that is part of the monitoring program created in response to Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- TOBA May Member of the Month
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning