Trainer Mark Hennig knows Barcola is a superior horse over the Delaware Park surface. Now he wants to know if the colt can be as effective at Aqueduct, and he'll find out Nov. 17 in the New York track's $100,000 Stuyvesant Handicap (gr.III).
MRLS took the lives of some 3,500 foals in Central Kentucky, but a recent study indicates it did not affect the quality of life for surviving foals.
On Thursday the press viewed soil and plant testing that is part of the monitoring program created in response to Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Wicked Strong Gets Redemption in Jim Dandy
- Jockey Maria Thornton Gets First Victory