Trainer Mark Hennig knows Barcola is a superior horse over the Delaware Park surface. Now he wants to know if the colt can be as effective at Aqueduct, and he'll find out Nov. 17 in the New York track's $100,000 Stuyvesant Handicap (gr.III).
MRLS took the lives of some 3,500 foals in Central Kentucky, but a recent study indicates it did not affect the quality of life for surviving foals.
On Thursday the press viewed soil and plant testing that is part of the monitoring program created in response to Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses