The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced June 2 the establishment of "The Foal Fund" to support the Association's federal lobbying efforts.
A bill was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives April 28 that would eliminate the automatic 25% federal withholding on pari-mutuel winnings of $5,000 or more for bets that carry odds of 300-1 or higher.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association will host an equine tax seminar at Keeneland near Lexington April 7. Opportunities created by changes in the tax code will be the focus.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm