Irish champion Helmsman, who has sired 20 runners that have won or placed in stakes, will stand at Grant Irvine's Dalacine Stud near North Palmerston in New Zealand,
Central Kentucky stallion El Gran Senor was euthanized Oct. 18 at Ashford Stud due to the infirmities of old age. He was 25.
Daniel A. Herrmann's Emerald Earrings, winner of this year's West Long Branch and Monmouth Beach Stakes at Monmouth Park, has been retired from racing. The 5-year-old daughter of Helmsman will be offered in the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Irish champion and millionaire Helmsman, sire of Canadian champion Rare Friends, has been relocated to Windfall Farms near Paso Robles, Calif.
Lovely Journey, a 2-year-old filly by Helmsman was sold for $110,000 to top Tuesday's Barretts Summer Sale of Horses of Racing Age and 2-Year-Old in Training at Fairplex Park in Pomona, California.
Millionaire Helmsman was represented by his first winner when his 2-year-old son Holdthehelm won July 16 at 5 1/2 furlongs at Hollywood Park.
Stallions Helmsman and Matty G will be returning to the state of their grade I triumphs for stud duty in 2001.
El Gran Senor, a son of Northern Dancer and sire of 49 stakes winners to date, has been retired.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Spotted Heart Upsets MD Filly Championship
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory