Shivananda Racing's Trinniberg, who has returned to sprinting after a dismal effort in the Kentucky Derby, could be trying for his fourth graded stakes win if he takes on six foes in the Carry Back at Calder.
Trainer Todd Pletcher supplemented grade I-placed Big Blue Nation to the $100,000 OBS Championship colts and geldings division for 3-year-olds.
Willie Martinez and Trinniberg broke on top and never looked back en route to an easy front-running six-length victory in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park March 10.
If Jonathan Sheppard could ever get Ever So Lucky started, he might find out if the colt is a legitimate Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contender. Hopefully, he will finally get a chance March 10 in the $150,000 Swale (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- TAA Ready to Assist With Abandoned Horses
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- MJC Reports Increased Average Daily Handle
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Zenyatta Bottle to Benefit Old Friends