Lacking a clear-cut standout, 15 sophomore fillies were entered for Saturday's $250,000 Darly Test Stakes (gr. I) over seven furlongs at Saratoga Race Course.
Bushfire, who had the early lead and then was passed by Hello Liberty in the stretch, fought back gamely down the lane to capture the $250,000 Acorn Stakes (gr. I) by a neck Saturday at Belmont Park.
Adieu makes her second start of the year for trainer Todd Pletcher in the $250,000 Acorn (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies at one mile Saturday at Belmont Park.
Hello Liberty switched to the rail in deep stretch and passed tiring frontrunner Win McCool to win the $205,600 Nassau County Breeders' Cup (gr. II) on Saturday at Belmont Park.
Unbeaten How True It Is, a $450,000 2-year-old purchase last February who won both her starts at Gulfstream Park for trainer Joe Orseno, could be the one to beat in Saturday's $200,000 Nassau County Breeders' Cup (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory