Lacking a clear-cut standout, 15 sophomore fillies were entered for Saturday's $250,000 Darly Test Stakes (gr. I) over seven furlongs at Saratoga Race Course.
Bushfire, who had the early lead and then was passed by Hello Liberty in the stretch, fought back gamely down the lane to capture the $250,000 Acorn Stakes (gr. I) by a neck Saturday at Belmont Park.
Adieu makes her second start of the year for trainer Todd Pletcher in the $250,000 Acorn (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies at one mile Saturday at Belmont Park.
Hello Liberty switched to the rail in deep stretch and passed tiring frontrunner Win McCool to win the $205,600 Nassau County Breeders' Cup (gr. II) on Saturday at Belmont Park.
Unbeaten How True It Is, a $450,000 2-year-old purchase last February who won both her starts at Gulfstream Park for trainer Joe Orseno, could be the one to beat in Saturday's $200,000 Nassau County Breeders' Cup (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing