Gross and average for the yearling sale mirror 2010 figures; the median was steady at $5,000. A Louisiana-bred City Zip filly tops the sale at $78,000.
The Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Sale Co. has cataloged 221 horses for its summer mixed auction. The sale is scheduled for Aug. 8.
Esther Marr recaps the Fasig-Tipton July Select Yearling Sale and the first phase of the Heiligbrodt dispersal. Watch Video
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25