On Saturday, Aidan O'Brien-trained runners filled the top three finishing positions in the Entenmann's Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I). 16-1 longshot Imagine completed the Irish Guineas double for the conditioner at the Curragh Sunday, winning the Entenmann's One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) under jockey Seamus Heffernan. All told, O'Brien's runners took five of the top six finishing positions in the two races, with his Toroca coming home third in Sunday's race.
Beckett, a 2-year-old colt owned by Mrs. John Magnier, rebounded from a third-place finish in the King of Kings E.B.F. Futurity Stakes (Ie-III), winning the Aga Khan's Studs National Stakes (Ire-I) by three lengths Sunday at the Curragh.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas