On Saturday, Aidan O'Brien-trained runners filled the top three finishing positions in the Entenmann's Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I). 16-1 longshot Imagine completed the Irish Guineas double for the conditioner at the Curragh Sunday, winning the Entenmann's One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) under jockey Seamus Heffernan. All told, O'Brien's runners took five of the top six finishing positions in the two races, with his Toroca coming home third in Sunday's race.
Beckett, a 2-year-old colt owned by Mrs. John Magnier, rebounded from a third-place finish in the King of Kings E.B.F. Futurity Stakes (Ie-III), winning the Aga Khan's Studs National Stakes (Ire-I) by three lengths Sunday at the Curragh.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin