Multiplier shook free in midstretch and ultimately gave his rider the kick he was seeking, getting up in the final strides to nail 9-5 favorite Hedge Fund by a head in the Illinois Derby (G3).
In his graded stakes debut, lightly raced Multiplier is slated to take on a field of six other more experienced sophomore colts and geldings in the $250,000 Illinois Derby (G3) April 22 at Hawthorne Racecourse.
Conquest Mo Money, an Uncle Mo colt who was purchased for just $8,500, will look to become just the third locally trained horse to win the Sunland Derby (G3).
Hedge Fund, the only full brother to Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Super Saver, has been retired from racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot