A diverse group of 106 horses have been cataloged so far for the Fasig-Tipton selected horses of racing age sale that takes place July 10 in Lexington. The sale at the Newtown Paddocks begins at 5 p.m. (EDT).
Multiplier shook free in midstretch and ultimately gave his rider the kick he was seeking, getting up in the final strides to nail 9-5 favorite Hedge Fund by a head in the Illinois Derby (G3).
In his graded stakes debut, lightly raced Multiplier is slated to take on a field of six other more experienced sophomore colts and geldings in the $250,000 Illinois Derby (G3) April 22 at Hawthorne Racecourse.
Conquest Mo Money, an Uncle Mo colt who was purchased for just $8,500, will look to become just the third locally trained horse to win the Sunland Derby (G3).
Hedge Fund, the only full brother to Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Super Saver, has been retired from racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity