Trainer Juan Vazquez is slowly running out of Mid-Atlantic tracks at which to run his horses after Delaware Park informed the trainer he is no longer welcome to race at the track.
In 2014, U.S. horse racing appeared on pace to register its fewest positive drug tests for anabolic steroids since the industry moved to outlaw the drugs from racing in 2008-09. But recent events in Maryland changed that.
Veterinarians bear responsibility in drug positives. read blog
On the heels of the Maryland Racing Commission suspending trainer Hector Garcia, the Maryland Jockey Club has decided to ban Garcia and his sometimes-boss Juan C. Vazquez from its racetracks.
Stan Fulton's Roll Henessy Roll and Hector Garcia's King Robyn ship in from California and are the favorites among 11 3-year-olds entered in the $300,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. III), part of the Summit of Speed at Calder Race Course at six furlongs Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016