In 2014, U.S. horse racing appeared on pace to register its fewest positive drug tests for anabolic steroids since the industry moved to outlaw the drugs from racing in 2008-09. But recent events in Maryland changed that.
Veterinarians bear responsibility in drug positives. read blog
On the heels of the Maryland Racing Commission suspending trainer Hector Garcia, the Maryland Jockey Club has decided to ban Garcia and his sometimes-boss Juan C. Vazquez from its racetracks.
Stan Fulton's Roll Henessy Roll and Hector Garcia's King Robyn ship in from California and are the favorites among 11 3-year-olds entered in the $300,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. III), part of the Summit of Speed at Calder Race Course at six furlongs Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence