Trainer Juan Vazquez is slowly running out of Mid-Atlantic tracks at which to run his horses after Delaware Park informed the trainer he is no longer welcome to race at the track.
In 2014, U.S. horse racing appeared on pace to register its fewest positive drug tests for anabolic steroids since the industry moved to outlaw the drugs from racing in 2008-09. But recent events in Maryland changed that.
Veterinarians bear responsibility in drug positives. read blog
On the heels of the Maryland Racing Commission suspending trainer Hector Garcia, the Maryland Jockey Club has decided to ban Garcia and his sometimes-boss Juan C. Vazquez from its racetracks.
Stan Fulton's Roll Henessy Roll and Hector Garcia's King Robyn ship in from California and are the favorites among 11 3-year-olds entered in the $300,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. III), part of the Summit of Speed at Calder Race Course at six furlongs Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Lexington Horseman Randolph Dies
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx