Some 110 horses are entered for the 10 races on the Louisiana Cup race program at Louisiana Downs May 22 when four $100,000 events for state breds are contested.
Offlee Wild was the leading first-crop sire and 2-year-old sire of 2009. A multiple stakes winner, his biggest win came in the 2005 Suburban Handicap (gr. I).
In the tightest race in years, Darley's freshman stallion Offlee Wild honors as the nation's top first-crop sire over Hill 'n' Dale Farm's Roman Ruler.
The race for leading freshman sire in 2009 between Roman Ruler and Offlee Wild will be decided in the colt and gelding division of the Louisiana Futurity Dec. 31 at Fair Grounds.
Six debut winners at Keeneland, a record-setting filly from Maryland and a West Coast invader highlight a field of nine 2-year-olds entered for the $100,000 Kentucky Juvenile Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs April 30.
Grade I winner Offlee Wild sired his first winner from his initial starter when his son Heavenville won April 9 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- TOBA November Member of the Month
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- The Handicapping Show: CashCall Futurity
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- TOBA Ownership Webcasts
- R Free Roll Aims to Tumble Sugar Swirl Rivals
- CA Stakes Winner Gig Harbor to Victory Rose