Purple Egg will come off a five-month layoff to start in the $300,000 Gallant Bob Stakes (gr. III) at Parx Racing Sept. 21.
Alpha Bettor and Hogy top an oversubscribed edition of the $250,000 Presque Isle Mile Sept. 8 at Presque Isle Downs, both sharing highweight assignments of 124 pounds.
War Academy has been installed as the 2-1 favorite in a field of 10 3-year-olds entered for the 77th running of the Arkansas Derby (gr. I) April 13 at Oaklawn Park.
Super Ninety Nine rolled to an 11 1/4-length win in the $300,000 Southwest Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 18 for Susan and Charles Chu's Tanma Corporation, muddling the 3-year-old picture even more.
Willis Horton's Smarty Jones Stakes winner Will Take Charge looks to continue his progress on the road to the Kentucky Derby against nine others in the $300,000 Southwest Stakes Feb. 18 at Oaklawn Park.
Favored King Henny won the inaugural running of the $100,000 Big Drama Stakes for 3-year-olds at rainy Delta Downs when Mr. Bandini's Band was disqualified from first for interference in the stretch on the night of Jan. 5.
With owner Mike Repole choosing not to start horses in this year's Breeders' Cup on Nov. 2 and 3 at Santa Anita Park, the New York-based owner will ship talented juvenile Overanalyze to Churchill Downs for the Iroquois.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014