Sharp Lisa, winless since winning the Las Virgenes (gr. I) as the odds-on favorite as a 3-year-old 12 months ago, gets another chance in Saturday's $250,000 Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer won his seventh consecutive Northern California stakes race Saturday at Bay Meadow when Heavenly Humor successfully defended her title in the $64,600 Soviet Problem Handicap.
Jockey Gary Stevens, who has already won the A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) a record six times, seeks number seven Saturday aboard 119-pound highweight Alphabet Kisses in the $150,000 test for fillies and mares at seven furlongs.
Boxed in at the quarter pole, Heavenly Humor and jockey Kevin Radke found room at the head of the stretch and went on to a five-length win in Saturday's $64,650 Miss California Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Jockey Hill Guides in 1,000th Winner
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return