Sharp Lisa, winless since winning the Las Virgenes (gr. I) as the odds-on favorite as a 3-year-old 12 months ago, gets another chance in Saturday's $250,000 Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer won his seventh consecutive Northern California stakes race Saturday at Bay Meadow when Heavenly Humor successfully defended her title in the $64,600 Soviet Problem Handicap.
Jockey Gary Stevens, who has already won the A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) a record six times, seeks number seven Saturday aboard 119-pound highweight Alphabet Kisses in the $150,000 test for fillies and mares at seven furlongs.
Boxed in at the quarter pole, Heavenly Humor and jockey Kevin Radke found room at the head of the stretch and went on to a five-length win in Saturday's $64,650 Miss California Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Richard's Kid Gets First Winner at Del Mar
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes