Heaven Trees Farm's 2-year-old colt Dolphus, a half brother to Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra, made his first start a winning one when he captured a maiden special weight event at Fair Grounds Nov. 22.
Dolphus, a Lookin At Lucky half brother to Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra, is scheduled to make his career debut in the sixth race Nov. 22 at Fair Grounds.
In the care of Dede McGehee's Heaven Trees Farm near Lexington, broodmare Lotta Kim, dam of 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra, is again hitting her stride.
Dolphus Morrison, breeder of Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra, will disperse his Thoroughbred holdings during the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Lotta Kim produced a full sister to Rachel Alexandra on Feb. 27, 2011. Photographer Anne M. Eberhardt recently had the opportunity to go visit the new Medaglia d'Oro filly and was able to capture some great images. Read Blog
The first reported foals sired by Mingun, the group III-winning son of A.P. Indy and Miesque, arrived on Jan. 26, according to William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm. The first foals of multiple grade I winner Rock Hard Ten and 2003 Canadian Horse of the Year and Triple Crown winner Wando were also reported.
Nopro Blama, the dam of graded stakes winning sprinter Soviet Problem, was euthanized April 12 at Dr. Dede McGehee's Heaven Trees Farm near Lexington.
By DeDe McGehee -- I feel very strong bonds to these nurse mares because I was raised by one; I had my own Ruby as a mother
Levels have risen in Central Kentucky waterways after a week of rain, but beyond soggy paddocks, no farms have been aversely affected by the water.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud