Horses have efficient natural thermoregulatory systems to cool themselves, but sometimes they are overwhelmed and cannot compensate for the heat. Hyperthermia or heatstroke results when a horse is unable to control its internal temperature and it starts to rise.
Most Popular Stories
- Yes It's True Euthanized
- Pender Harbour: Farewell to 'The King'
- Tonalist, Red Vine Please in Cigar Mile Drill
- Kentucky Oaks Winner Keeper Hill Dead at 20
- Effinex Looks for His Highlight Win in Clark
- Dortmund Out of Clark Handicap
- Churchill Unveils Derby Sire Future Wager
- Commissioner to WinStar Farm for 2016
- Wyoming Downs Reopens Historic Racing Games
- Saham Returns for Commonwealth Turf Bid