Burning Roma held on for a head victory over a hard-charging Remind in the $100,000 Red Bank Handicap (gr. IIIT) as racing returned to Monmouth Park Saturday under blue skies, bright sunshine and a crowd of of 21,869.
Harold Queen's multiple stakes winner Burning Roma put another notch in his gun Saturday when the millionaire held off the late charge of Remind by a short neck to take his second consecutive Tampa Bay Breeders' Cup at Tampa Bay Downs.
Harold L. Queens' multiple stakes-winning millionaire Burning Roma will seek to defend his title in the $100,000 Tampa Bay Breeders' Cup on Saturday.
Burning Roma, who has beaten Breeders' Cup Classic winner Volponi, is among 11 colts and geldings entered In Tuesday's $100,000-added Stuyvesant Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Burning Roma moved to the front down the backstretch and never looked back, winning the 25th renewal of the $400,000 Meadowlands Cup (gr. II) on Friday night by 3/4 of a length.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win