Burning Roma held on for a head victory over a hard-charging Remind in the $100,000 Red Bank Handicap (gr. IIIT) as racing returned to Monmouth Park Saturday under blue skies, bright sunshine and a crowd of of 21,869.
Harold Queen's multiple stakes winner Burning Roma put another notch in his gun Saturday when the millionaire held off the late charge of Remind by a short neck to take his second consecutive Tampa Bay Breeders' Cup at Tampa Bay Downs.
Harold L. Queens' multiple stakes-winning millionaire Burning Roma will seek to defend his title in the $100,000 Tampa Bay Breeders' Cup on Saturday.
Burning Roma, who has beaten Breeders' Cup Classic winner Volponi, is among 11 colts and geldings entered In Tuesday's $100,000-added Stuyvesant Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Burning Roma moved to the front down the backstretch and never looked back, winning the 25th renewal of the $400,000 Meadowlands Cup (gr. II) on Friday night by 3/4 of a length.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Divisidero, Bolo Square Off in Belmont Derby
- Churchill Donates to Charities, University