Burning Roma held on for a head victory over a hard-charging Remind in the $100,000 Red Bank Handicap (gr. IIIT) as racing returned to Monmouth Park Saturday under blue skies, bright sunshine and a crowd of of 21,869.
Harold Queen's multiple stakes winner Burning Roma put another notch in his gun Saturday when the millionaire held off the late charge of Remind by a short neck to take his second consecutive Tampa Bay Breeders' Cup at Tampa Bay Downs.
Harold L. Queens' multiple stakes-winning millionaire Burning Roma will seek to defend his title in the $100,000 Tampa Bay Breeders' Cup on Saturday.
Burning Roma, who has beaten Breeders' Cup Classic winner Volponi, is among 11 colts and geldings entered In Tuesday's $100,000-added Stuyvesant Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Burning Roma moved to the front down the backstretch and never looked back, winning the 25th renewal of the $400,000 Meadowlands Cup (gr. II) on Friday night by 3/4 of a length.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt