Acting upon the recommendation of the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission chief veterinarian Dr. John T. Peters, live racing at Delaware Park has been canceled for July 18 due to excessive heat.
Delaware Park has canceled its June 30 live racing card due to the heat wave that is expected to hit the East Coast this weekend.
Belmont Park canceled racing June 21 as Elmont, N.Y. and the surrounding areas in Nassau County on Long Island came under a heat advisory with temperatures expected to pass 100.
Add Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course in Grantville, Pa., to the list of tracks that have altered schedules due to the extreme heat. The track canceled its July 22 evening program.
The heat wave that has settled in over much of the Midwest resulted in the cancelation of racing at Prairie Meadows on Tuesday, July 19.
Potential record-breaking heat causes NYRA to cancel racing June 9; forecast is for temperatures to drop off dramatically by Saturday's Belmont Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Full OBS March Sale to be Conducted Tuesday
- Haskin: 'Horseplayers' and Pioneer Days
- Godolphin Pair Face Off in Maktoum Challenge
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Live Chat - Friday, March 7 at NOON EST
- CHRB Issues Advisory for Cobalt Monitoring
- Expanded State-Bred Incentives at Arlington
- Indiana Downs Has New Name as Part of Rebrand