English-bred Luvah Girl wore down Himalayan in the stretch run and held off a flying Katdogawn by a head to capture Friday's $110,800 La Habra Stakes for 3-year-old fillies by a head at Santa Anita Park.
The Thoroughbred Corporation's Atlantic Ocean, a $1.9-million sale purchase who's been mostly disappointing in her 2-year-old season, woke up with a switch to the turf on Friday in Hollywood Park's $200,000 Miesque Stakes (gr. IIIT), posting an impressive one-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night