Six seasons after One Hot Wish blazed 4 1/2 furlongs in :48.87 at Keeneland, establishing a track record for the distance that still stands, her first foal has followed in her footsteps.
Trainer Wesley Ward added to his reputation as a conditioner of young horses when Sweet Emma Rose sprinted clear early and rolled to a nine-length victory in the first of eight "baby races" scheduled for Keeneland spring.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- Breeders' Cup Ticket Sales Begin Online
- 'Chrome' Eyes BC Classic, Bayern Has Options
- Beholder Fires Bullet for Zenyatta Defense
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute