Six seasons after One Hot Wish blazed 4 1/2 furlongs in :48.87 at Keeneland, establishing a track record for the distance that still stands, her first foal has followed in her footsteps.
Trainer Wesley Ward added to his reputation as a conditioner of young horses when Sweet Emma Rose sprinted clear early and rolled to a nine-length victory in the first of eight "baby races" scheduled for Keeneland spring.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Wildcat Red Sidelined With Back Muscle Pull