Six seasons after One Hot Wish blazed 4 1/2 furlongs in :48.87 at Keeneland, establishing a track record for the distance that still stands, her first foal has followed in her footsteps.
Trainer Wesley Ward added to his reputation as a conditioner of young horses when Sweet Emma Rose sprinted clear early and rolled to a nine-length victory in the first of eight "baby races" scheduled for Keeneland spring.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Lab: Delays Followed Suspicious Samples Spike