Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse jockeys will be learning the latest information about health and safety issues, especially related to concussions, during the 2014 Jockeys' Guild Assembly Jan. 26-28 in Hollywood, Fla.
A subcommittee of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce will conduct a hearing on health and safety issues in horse racing April 30 in Pennsylvania, according to an April 23 notice.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced June 17 that Delaware Park in Stanton, Del., has been fully accredited by the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance following a complete review of all racing operations at the facility.
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health has issued a report outlining recommendations for improving the safety and health of workers in the horse racing industry.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association officially unveiled a series of equine health and safety reforms Oct. 15 that will be overseen by an independent monitor.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association is formulating a "strategic plan" for equine health and safety and will seek support from various industry organizations when the document is released, probably in early fall.
Most Popular Stories
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Zayat Stables Inks Promo Deal for 'Pharoah'
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Commentary: 'If Florida Can, We All Can'
- Belmont Stakes: Bob Baffert Presser
- NTRA Says Comments to Treasury Top 11,600
- Belmont Stakes: Frammento Gets a Bath