The "Head2Head" wager on Breeders' Cup day might also be called "Head2Head2Head" this year as the menu will offer two races with three betting interests instead of the usual two.
As Lone Star Park officials prepare for the Oct. 30 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, they have received approval from the Texas Racing Commission for the "Head2Head" wager.
The battle lines have been drawn. Now, Breeders' Cup and National Thoroughbred Racing Association officials are hoping the "race within a race" proves popular at the betting windows.
The Breeders' Cup Challenge, an Internet- and e-mail-based sweepstakes to promote the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, was launched Sept. 18 at ntra.com. The promotion offers participants the opportunity to win a guaranteed $10,000 grand prize for selecting the most correct winners among the eight Breeders' Cup races at Arlington Park on Oct. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know