The "Head2Head" wager on Breeders' Cup day might also be called "Head2Head2Head" this year as the menu will offer two races with three betting interests instead of the usual two.
As Lone Star Park officials prepare for the Oct. 30 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, they have received approval from the Texas Racing Commission for the "Head2Head" wager.
The battle lines have been drawn. Now, Breeders' Cup and National Thoroughbred Racing Association officials are hoping the "race within a race" proves popular at the betting windows.
The Breeders' Cup Challenge, an Internet- and e-mail-based sweepstakes to promote the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, was launched Sept. 18 at ntra.com. The promotion offers participants the opportunity to win a guaranteed $10,000 grand prize for selecting the most correct winners among the eight Breeders' Cup races at Arlington Park on Oct. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes