The "Head2Head" wager on Breeders' Cup day might also be called "Head2Head2Head" this year as the menu will offer two races with three betting interests instead of the usual two.
As Lone Star Park officials prepare for the Oct. 30 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, they have received approval from the Texas Racing Commission for the "Head2Head" wager.
The battle lines have been drawn. Now, Breeders' Cup and National Thoroughbred Racing Association officials are hoping the "race within a race" proves popular at the betting windows.
The Breeders' Cup Challenge, an Internet- and e-mail-based sweepstakes to promote the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, was launched Sept. 18 at ntra.com. The promotion offers participants the opportunity to win a guaranteed $10,000 grand prize for selecting the most correct winners among the eight Breeders' Cup races at Arlington Park on Oct. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell