The "Head2Head" wager on Breeders' Cup day might also be called "Head2Head2Head" this year as the menu will offer two races with three betting interests instead of the usual two.
As Lone Star Park officials prepare for the Oct. 30 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, they have received approval from the Texas Racing Commission for the "Head2Head" wager.
The battle lines have been drawn. Now, Breeders' Cup and National Thoroughbred Racing Association officials are hoping the "race within a race" proves popular at the betting windows.
The Breeders' Cup Challenge, an Internet- and e-mail-based sweepstakes to promote the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, was launched Sept. 18 at ntra.com. The promotion offers participants the opportunity to win a guaranteed $10,000 grand prize for selecting the most correct winners among the eight Breeders' Cup races at Arlington Park on Oct. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win