The head-to-head match-ups for the eight Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championship races were announced at the post-position draw Wednesday morning. The Breeders' Cup is Oct. 29 at Belmont Park.
There was plenty of intrigue and a few 'oohs' and 'aahs' during the post position draw for the eight-race Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Santa Anita Wednesday morning as the fields were set, the morning lines made, and head-to-head wagers announced.
All of the stakes races Saturday at Pimlico will offer head-to-head wagering. The Preakness pits Peace Rules against Funny Cide.
Pimlico will offer a number of wagers this weekend beyond its usual win, place, show, and exacta bets. The Maryland Jockey Club will offer guaranteed minimum gross pools on its Pick 4 on Friday and Saturday, and will also offer head-to-head wagers both days.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case