The head-to-head match-ups for the eight Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championship races were announced at the post-position draw Wednesday morning. The Breeders' Cup is Oct. 29 at Belmont Park.
There was plenty of intrigue and a few 'oohs' and 'aahs' during the post position draw for the eight-race Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Santa Anita Wednesday morning as the fields were set, the morning lines made, and head-to-head wagers announced.
All of the stakes races Saturday at Pimlico will offer head-to-head wagering. The Preakness pits Peace Rules against Funny Cide.
Pimlico will offer a number of wagers this weekend beyond its usual win, place, show, and exacta bets. The Maryland Jockey Club will offer guaranteed minimum gross pools on its Pick 4 on Friday and Saturday, and will also offer head-to-head wagers both days.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses