The head-to-head match-ups for the eight Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championship races were announced at the post-position draw Wednesday morning. The Breeders' Cup is Oct. 29 at Belmont Park.
There was plenty of intrigue and a few 'oohs' and 'aahs' during the post position draw for the eight-race Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Santa Anita Wednesday morning as the fields were set, the morning lines made, and head-to-head wagers announced.
All of the stakes races Saturday at Pimlico will offer head-to-head wagering. The Preakness pits Peace Rules against Funny Cide.
Pimlico will offer a number of wagers this weekend beyond its usual win, place, show, and exacta bets. The Maryland Jockey Club will offer guaranteed minimum gross pools on its Pick 4 on Friday and Saturday, and will also offer head-to-head wagers both days.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rabada Strikes for Second Group I Win in SAf
- Exaggerator Gallops at Pimlico Race Course
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever