The head-to-head match-ups for the eight Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championship races were announced at the post-position draw Wednesday morning. The Breeders' Cup is Oct. 29 at Belmont Park.
There was plenty of intrigue and a few 'oohs' and 'aahs' during the post position draw for the eight-race Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Santa Anita Wednesday morning as the fields were set, the morning lines made, and head-to-head wagers announced.
All of the stakes races Saturday at Pimlico will offer head-to-head wagering. The Preakness pits Peace Rules against Funny Cide.
Pimlico will offer a number of wagers this weekend beyond its usual win, place, show, and exacta bets. The Maryland Jockey Club will offer guaranteed minimum gross pools on its Pick 4 on Friday and Saturday, and will also offer head-to-head wagers both days.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt