London Tower dug in gamely down the lane to turn back the challenge of Galina Point and win the $125,400 Eternal Search Stakes July 29 at Woodbine.
Woodbine Oaks Presented by Budweiser runner-up London Tower will try to nail down the third stakes win of her career on Wednesday, July 29 at Woodbine in the Eternal Search Stakes.
Odds-on favorite London Tower ran away with the $131,385 Ontario Lassie Stakes for 2-year-old fillies by 6 1/2 lengths Nov. 30 at Woodbine with Emma-Jayne Wilson aboard.
Winless in nearly 17 months, Palladio broke through in a big way in the $154,200 Durham Cup (Can-III) Oct. 11 at Woodbine, as the 6-year-old took over at the quarter pole and held on in the stretch to score by 1 3/4 lengths on the Polytrack.
Pacesetter Halo Steven got pressure all the way on the front end of the $311,838 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) Sunday at Hastings Park, but managed to hang on to win by a nose in a torrid four-horse blanket finish.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Equestrian Group Earns International Award
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience