Veteran steeplechase trainer Bruce Haynes died Jan. 24 while caring for horses at his family's farm near Bristol, Tenn.
At an open meeting at Keeneland on Tuesday, two entomologists shared their best recommendations for monitoring and reducing the ETC population.
Galileo's full brother and Tasmanian Tiger, the latter a $6.8-million yearling purchase at the 2000 Keeneland September sale, are among the 21 horses entered to run in Friday's Haynes, Hanson and Clark Conditions Stakes at Newbury.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5