Dr. Scott Palmer describes a typical racehorse feeding regimen. watch video
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation will hold its fifth annual "Haydrive" campaign to fund hay costs for its 950 retired racehorses.
Feeding time! Open a bag of readymade feed and you're set, right? But wait -- there's a staggering variety of offerings on the feed store's shelves, and it's important you choose the correct one for your particular horse. Download Now
- By Steve Haskin
So, you've had it with drugs and wish racing was like it used to be -- just hay, oats, and water read blog
Grade I winner Officer's first winner, Satulagi, scored April 17 at Yarmouth in England.
Model rules for race day medications, along with withdraw times and threshold levels for therapeutic drugs were a lively topic both Thursday morning and afternoon at the Association of Racing Commissioners International convention.
The Rutgers Equine Science Center's Annual "Science Update" will take place from 6-9 p.m. (ET) on Tuesday, Dec. 7, at the New Jersey Museum of Agriculture on the Cook College campus of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, in Brunswick, N. J.
Three horses recently died of blister beetle poisoning in Clay County, Fla., and two more remain under treatment at the University of Florida following ingestion of alfalfa hay contaminated with blister beetles.
The latest MRLS information presented on the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture website.
The Kentucky Department of Agriculture has assured by the Florida State Veterinarian that there is no ban on the entry of Kentucky-grown hay into the state of Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Flashy American Flies to Sixty Sails Score
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Frac Daddy Powers Home in Ben Ali
- La Verdad Shows Her Heels in Distaff Handicap
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland