Duchossois Industries of Illinois has called in a more than $20-million note owed by the National Jockey Club, a move that threatens NJC plans for a 2007 spring meet at Hawthorne Race Course.
TVG announced March 17 that it has reached an agreement with Hawthorne National for the exclusive television and interactive wagering rights for the National Jockey Club, Suburban Downs, and Hawthorne Racecourse live race meetings conducted in suburban Chicago.
On January 2, 2003, Hawthorne Race Course and National Jockey Club will combine forces on the racing scene as the newly formed Hawthorne National LLC will move into place.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby