Duchossois Industries of Illinois has called in a more than $20-million note owed by the National Jockey Club, a move that threatens NJC plans for a 2007 spring meet at Hawthorne Race Course.
TVG announced March 17 that it has reached an agreement with Hawthorne National for the exclusive television and interactive wagering rights for the National Jockey Club, Suburban Downs, and Hawthorne Racecourse live race meetings conducted in suburban Chicago.
On January 2, 2003, Hawthorne Race Course and National Jockey Club will combine forces on the racing scene as the newly formed Hawthorne National LLC will move into place.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26