Eight Hall of Fame jockeys - with combined earnings of over $1.5 billion from 49,163 victories - will compete in a pari-mutuel wagering event, "The Living Legends Race," on Oct. 18 during the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meet as a prelude to the following weekend's Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Dawn After Dawn signaled her readiness for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) by working five furlongs in 1:00 1/5 at Churchill Downs Sunday morning for trainer Wesley Hawley. At Santa Anita, Oaks candidate Tough Tiz's Sis turned in a solid drill as well.
Zippy Chippy extended his string of futility to 93 races Thursday night at Penn National, finishing eight in a five-furlong maiden special weight race.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Tom Amoss Secures 3,000th Training Victory
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Stronach Group Names Vet O'Neil to Key Post
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit