Eight Hall of Fame jockeys - with combined earnings of over $1.5 billion from 49,163 victories - will compete in a pari-mutuel wagering event, "The Living Legends Race," on Oct. 18 during the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meet as a prelude to the following weekend's Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Dawn After Dawn signaled her readiness for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) by working five furlongs in 1:00 1/5 at Churchill Downs Sunday morning for trainer Wesley Hawley. At Santa Anita, Oaks candidate Tough Tiz's Sis turned in a solid drill as well.
Zippy Chippy extended his string of futility to 93 races Thursday night at Penn National, finishing eight in a five-furlong maiden special weight race.
Most Popular Stories
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- 'Bea' Changes Tactics, Captures Sugar Maple
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington