Eight Hall of Fame jockeys - with combined earnings of over $1.5 billion from 49,163 victories - will compete in a pari-mutuel wagering event, "The Living Legends Race," on Oct. 18 during the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meet as a prelude to the following weekend's Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Dawn After Dawn signaled her readiness for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) by working five furlongs in 1:00 1/5 at Churchill Downs Sunday morning for trainer Wesley Hawley. At Santa Anita, Oaks candidate Tough Tiz's Sis turned in a solid drill as well.
Zippy Chippy extended his string of futility to 93 races Thursday night at Penn National, finishing eight in a five-furlong maiden special weight race.
Most Popular Stories
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend