Eight Hall of Fame jockeys - with combined earnings of over $1.5 billion from 49,163 victories - will compete in a pari-mutuel wagering event, "The Living Legends Race," on Oct. 18 during the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meet as a prelude to the following weekend's Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Dawn After Dawn signaled her readiness for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) by working five furlongs in 1:00 1/5 at Churchill Downs Sunday morning for trainer Wesley Hawley. At Santa Anita, Oaks candidate Tough Tiz's Sis turned in a solid drill as well.
Zippy Chippy extended his string of futility to 93 races Thursday night at Penn National, finishing eight in a five-furlong maiden special weight race.
Most Popular Stories
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- HKJC Executive to Give Round Table Keynote
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga