Terravista edged out the world's top-rated sprinter Lankan Rupee for favoritism in the AUS$2.5mil T. J. Smith Stakes (Aus-I) but both were upstaged by late-running Chautauqua.
B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm went to an Australian record price of $1.2 million (US$984,180) to land a Sepoy colt at the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 10.
A filly by champion sire Fastnet Rock that sold for Aus$1.05 million ($850,846 in U.S. funds) topped the third session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Queensland, Australia on Jan. 9.
New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale ended its three-day run at Karaka Feb. 3 with a gross of NZ$19,114,500 ($15,930,800 in U.S. funds) and an average price of NZ$46,069 ($38,387), both up less than 1%.
A half brother to group I winner Black Caviar brought Aust$1.025 million ($1,059,110 in U.S. funds) topped the second session of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale April 6 in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night