Terravista edged out the world's top-rated sprinter Lankan Rupee for favoritism in the AUS$2.5mil T. J. Smith Stakes (Aus-I) but both were upstaged by late-running Chautauqua.
B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm went to an Australian record price of $1.2 million (US$984,180) to land a Sepoy colt at the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 10.
A filly by champion sire Fastnet Rock that sold for Aus$1.05 million ($850,846 in U.S. funds) topped the third session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Queensland, Australia on Jan. 9.
New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale ended its three-day run at Karaka Feb. 3 with a gross of NZ$19,114,500 ($15,930,800 in U.S. funds) and an average price of NZ$46,069 ($38,387), both up less than 1%.
A half brother to group I winner Black Caviar brought Aust$1.025 million ($1,059,110 in U.S. funds) topped the second session of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale April 6 in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- McCarron: Clarification
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- TOBA October Member of the Month
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System