Total revenues and average price shows gains at the opening session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale at Karaka Jan. 28, which was led by a Fastnet Rock colt bought for $1,975,500 ($1,637,550 U.S.).
New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale ended its three-day run at Karaka Feb. 3 with a gross of NZ$19,114,500 ($15,930,800 in U.S. funds) and an average price of NZ$46,069 ($38,387), both up less than 1%.
A colt by Don Eduardo brought the top price of NZ$60,000 ($46,160 in U.S. funds) on the last day, equaling the amount brought by a Gallant Guru--Blessed Thee colt during the festival auction's opening session Feb. 6.
Colt brings NZ$110,000 ($75,786 in U.S. funds) as New Zealand yearling sale ends.
The New Zealand Bloodstock select yearling sale ended Feb. 5 with increases of 34.6% in gross revenue, 40.1% in average price, and 33.3% in median price from a year ago.
Brings NZ$200,000 ($142,182 in U.S. funds) to top select yearling sale's second session.
New Zealand Bloodstock's festival yearling sale closed out its two-day run Feb. 2 in Karaka with a gross revenue of NZ$4,498,700 (approximately $2,291,233 in U.S. funds), which was down only 11.3% from last year's total of NZ$5,073,850.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci