Total revenues and average price shows gains at the opening session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale at Karaka Jan. 28, which was led by a Fastnet Rock colt bought for $1,975,500 ($1,637,550 U.S.).
New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale ended its three-day run at Karaka Feb. 3 with a gross of NZ$19,114,500 ($15,930,800 in U.S. funds) and an average price of NZ$46,069 ($38,387), both up less than 1%.
A colt by Don Eduardo brought the top price of NZ$60,000 ($46,160 in U.S. funds) on the last day, equaling the amount brought by a Gallant Guru--Blessed Thee colt during the festival auction's opening session Feb. 6.
Colt brings NZ$110,000 ($75,786 in U.S. funds) as New Zealand yearling sale ends.
The New Zealand Bloodstock select yearling sale ended Feb. 5 with increases of 34.6% in gross revenue, 40.1% in average price, and 33.3% in median price from a year ago.
Brings NZ$200,000 ($142,182 in U.S. funds) to top select yearling sale's second session.
New Zealand Bloodstock's festival yearling sale closed out its two-day run Feb. 2 in Karaka with a gross revenue of NZ$4,498,700 (approximately $2,291,233 in U.S. funds), which was down only 11.3% from last year's total of NZ$5,073,850.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Longshot Si Sage Stuns Field in Last Tycoon
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Longshot Rerun Marches to Miami Mile Score
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- G. G. Ryder Makes Grade in San Francisco Mile
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work